Originally Posted by BronaZora
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
CRAZY CONFUSING!!!!I
HAVE TO WONDER IF THIS WILL EVENTUALLY START CLAIMING O.C. MEMEBRS IN THE U.S.

WE ARE NOW RIGHT ON THE BOARDER

Probably not unless they become very involved on the Canadian side of the border like Montagna did. If they stay in the US I highly doubt they go after them. Dealing with American LE is a whole different ball game, and it's definitely not worth the hassle.

This hit most likely had a vengeance factor to it. You don't hit someone's family member like this unless you want to take revenge, in which the most likely scenario is revenge for Angelo Musitano.
Originally Posted by m2w
the whole mafia war in montreal could be between two bonanno factions (rizzuto/sollecito vs montagna/arcuri )there is not any proof rizzuto's are independent, at least not any official one
there are not informants among canadian mafia members, all we know come from american ones

The Rizzutos stopped sending money to NY after George was hit, that in itself was a message that they were no longer answering to them. Vitale went up there offering Vito the captain position, Vito respectfully declined and that was the end of it. When Vito went to jail and Montagna got deported, he tried to bring them back to the fold, which again is another proof that they did not really care to answer to the Bonnanos.

Nowadays, I doubt the likes of Leonardo Rizzuto or Stefano Sollecito care much about NY. After all they were not made into the Bonnanos, and they have enough on their plate than to worry about NY.

I agree with almost all of what you are saying however,

The revenge plot could also be by the Rizzutto family if they played a part in the death of Nick Jr, maybe the Violio-s/Luppino's were/are on that "BLACK-LIST"

Also, the RIZZUTO'S Rebuking Massino was a major slap in the face and this was at the height of his power when more or.less he was atop of what was left of the quazi-commision.

It was a BIG slap in the face and not only did he send Viatale prior I believe he sent Frank Lino and few others.

Essentially a crew of the Bonnano's told the Bonnano's to go fuck themselves.....

And the Bonnano's did NOTHING...
NOT A GOOD LOOK...

Along comes MONTAGNA I do not think he was trying to bring them back into the fold he was trying to wipe them off the streets.

Now what makes a little sense.is the Violi's were positioning themselves to take on the Rizzuto's head on so like what was done up in Toronto and.Onterio and like what Rizzuto, first did to consolidate power the VIOLI'S were positioning themselves.

They resurrected the Todaro, family which they were member of knowing they can use that connection to reach out to the 5 families with legitimacy, TODARO, very respected to this day very easily reached out to the Bonnano's and the other families to work with them on joint rackets.

So when the Rizzuto's/Mustianos were taking on the Violi's/Luppino/Todaro/Bonnano+ ?? Other 4 families.

This is pure speculation.

Hence why they wanted one Violi to be on the books with Bonnano's to bring them back into the war after MONTAGNA was eliminated.

They never expected Desjardins to take out MONTAGNA and/or Vito Rizzuto to get off the canvas.

They should not have taken out Nick Jr once they did Vito had no reason to make peace.

He lost everything and had cancer and was dying...

???????