Originally Posted by Stubbs
Originally Posted by DanD
I found this quote interesting from Humphrey's article ..

"Paramedics and police found a man “obviously deceased” inside, Thom said."

Indication to me that the victim knew his killer(s) and trusted them enough to let the killer in or at the very least, open the door.

I mean, the killer could’ve broken in and been waiting inside the house for him to come inside.

Also, the hitman might’ve been there to kill the father, but when the son walked inside decide to take him out instead. It was his parents home right?

The home in which Vince "Cece" Luppino lived is owned by his parents, Rocco and Helen. Rocco and Helen also own the house next door, which is where they live.

The article to which I linked in my post just above indicates that a member of the Luppino family had left Cece just before 3:30 pm -- here's an excerpt from the article:

The killer was captured on surveillance video shortly before 3:30 p.m., just after a family member left Luppino alone, Det. Sgt. Peter Thom said Friday. "It's not coincidental (the killer) had to have been watching the house."

The above quote leads me to dismiss the theory that Cece's murder was a case of mistaken identity. If the house was being surveilled by the hitman and any accomplice(s), I'm not sure why they had to do something rash by killing Cece -- they could have waited for the proper time to kill Rocco, who lived right next door.