Originally Posted by Revis_Island
I do not doubt his knowledge. I just hold the Medellin cartel as the standard and I would love to hear someone make a case for another OC/cartel group to see if I’m wrong. At Pablo’s height they were dwarfing other OC groups based on money and power. This was back in the 80s as well. So their income is even more impressive. Ndrangheta in recent years I’m sure can be compared if those numbers are accurate. And based on the police seizures that are reported, I do believe the estimated numbers.

medellin cartel led by escobar was very rich, anyway like i said the numbers are often inflated and wrong, nobody can know exactly how an organized crime group earns, they are mostly speculations
anyway sicilian mafia produced heroin in sicily and supplied both europe and north america and it was the most lucrative drug at that time, it also was involved in several other rackets (public works, constructions, fruit, fish and vegetables markets, extortions, gambling, waste disposal) while medellin cartel focussed on drug only
so although probably there are not estimates about sicilian mafia of that time i think it earned even more, and also sicilian mafia is the crime groups in italy with the most billions seized in assets, accumulated in the past, though ndrangheta is earning more in the lateste years