Originally Posted by Ciment
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...e-investigate-homicide-at-mobsters-home/

Hamilton police investigate homicide at mobster’s home

Here are a few conjectures about this article. First, it appears the Viol/Luppino faction of the Todaro crime family has significant LCN support not just in Buffalo but with the families in NYC.

Domenico Violi, a 52-year-old hardwood floor and pasta salesman, had recently been made underboss of the Todaro family, according to the court documents. In this new role, he was to “assume control over the operations of the Luppino-Violi crime family and solidify his power base with further and greater collaboration with the New York-based Mafia families.”

If Violi was responsible for generating greater collaboration with the New York-based mafia families, I can't help but wonder if a real partnership was developing in regards to LCN increasing its power/influence in Canada. I've seen conjecture that, as a result of the Luppino hit, we will see the other 4 families in NYC come on board to help. Why did this person say 4 families? I have no idea. The only guess I have, and this is only a guess, is because the Todaro's were working so closely with the Bonanno's already.

Second, Molly Hayes doesn't indicate that Cece Luppino turned down his button.

...back in February, 2015, that Cece Luppino had been approached about becoming a “made” member.

“Cece told his dad[u] if he could make money then he would be involved, if no money than he doesn’t want to be involved;[/u] that there are too many headaches,” the wire transcript excerpt from their conversation reads. “[Giuseppe] Violi stated that Cece told his father he watched his father struggle for 30 years, and that Cece does not want to struggle for 30 years; and if he does have to then he doesn’t want it.

Hayes cites the same information as Humphries that he struggled with the decision, but does't indicate he turned it down like Humphries did. Makes me wonder if Humphries knows some stuff we don't.

Last edited by NickleCity; 02/01/19 02:01 PM.