Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by Revis_Island
@Furio I read somewhere that him and Cutolo had been rivals. I also read that Alfieri was a billionaire based on estimates. Would I be correct in saying that Alfieri, Bardellino, Nuvoletta and Zaza were 4 of the richest and most powerful crime figures not only in the Camorra but in the world at that time? They amassed a lot of wealth before they were arrested or killed(in Bardellino’s case)

4 richest camorristi for sure but not in the world,dont forget that the last 1970s to 1993 (Alfieri flips) and 1994 (zaza death) was the ride of the Medellin and Calì cartel.

Very true. Zaza was worth an estimated 700 million. But I’m sure by the time time Escobar died, he was wealthier. I haven’t seen much about Baredellino’s or Nuvoletta’s wealth. Were the Sicilians and Camorra even competing with Escobar by the time they got everything going? I always held the Medellin cartel as the standard if we are talking about wealth and power in crime.

I dont think so. The camorra and mafia wasnt focused only on the drug traffick. For sure the dope made many money but it made money also the bribes on public procurement, illegal construction, frauds to European Union funds and the bury of the toxic wastes was for the Casalesi a good bussiness (in this days the sandokan schiavone son flipped and are telling on the toxic waste bussiness).