^^^^
Reporter Nicole O'Reilly has received confirmation from multiple sources that the victim is Cece Luppino, the son of Rocco. I think -- but I am not sure -- that Cece is a nickname that is a shortening of Vincenzo, probably the pronunciation of the middle syllable with the exception of the letter "n."

A news conference was held about 10 minutes ago by Det. Sgt. Peter Thom, who was also assigned to the Angelo Musitano and Albert Iavarone murder cases. Below are my notes.

- Thom would not name the victim.
- There is no suspect info at the moment.
- There is no vehicle info at the moment.
- There is CCTV footage from the residence and from neighbouring homes. The Hamilton Police Service is downloading the file of CCTV footage, which is quite large. The HPS has not yet reviewed video evidence.
- The victim lived at the address.
- The victim was alone at home at the time of the incident.
- A family member called 911 after finding the victim. The HPS does not know whether the victim was still alive upon being found.
- The victim was last seen at the residence at 3:30 pm EST.
- The attack was a specific, targeted event because of the nuances of the incident: victim was killed close up; where it happened.
- Thom can't reveal how many gunshots nor where on the body the victim was shot.
- Victim worked for family businesses in Stoney Creek, namely, a realty office and a café.
- The victim had no criminal record and was not known to police.
- A victim background check is being conducted to determine a possible motive.
- The victim was recently married. The family, while asking that its privacy be respected, is co-operating with police.