Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Who was cammerata?? Never heard of this name was he a capo?

He was a soldier in the New Jersey crew and related to the Profacis and Maglioccos. He was big in the the narcotic smuggling business. He moved to Miami and opened an olive oil business, that served as a front for the smuggling. Due to the many bosses he met and did business with, he was named Capo but only had one soldier who served under him. He became a senior adviser to the Colombo family in the late 1960s and remained in that position till he was killed. According to Joe Rodriguez a hitman and enforcer, his boss Blackie Reino a big time drug dealer and soldier in the Genovese crime family ordered it. In this case the Westside went to the Colombo administration to get the ok to hit Cammarata. The fact Reino was never harmed after it became well known that he was behind Cammarata killing showed that the Colombo family approved it.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green