Its been said that after the shooting of Joe Colombo; The Snake became boss; or underboss if you believe old Tom Dibella took over. I actually believe Carmine made Tom acting boss but who knows?

My question is; Carmine was in jail and only a captain during the shooting of Joe Colombo. How did he gain so much power to become boss? I know Sonny Franzese was in prison at the time and he was the underboss. Was the Persico crew actually the most powerful crew in the family?. I know the family was trying to avoid another war but it seemed all the other captains stepped aside easily for Carmine. There was no jockeying for the boss position.

Do anyone believe that Persico may have had Colombo murdered so he could become Boss? Never figured that one quite out; but it seemed he had the most to gain.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 01/19/19 04:08 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.