Yeah, Russo's a douche but I'd like to hear stories from anyone who was a) around the Godfather set and b) owned a restaurant in Vegas for many years, even if he's full of shit half the time. I think it was Robert Evans who said that when Sidney Korshak and those guys were negotiating with Colombo to back off the Godfather production, Russo was in the room and the meeting ended with him getting nothing. He actually had to say "what about me?" before everyone left. Then they agreed he'd play Carlo. I mean here's this guy who claims to be Frank Costello's godson or whatever and nobody even knew who he was. In some interview where he promotes the book he says he got in Brando's face, which I don't believe. Evidently Brando was pissed because some nobody with no acting experience had a role with as much screen time as Carlo.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea