@ Giacomo;

Was Frank Scalise really that feared by Genovese and Lucchese for Albert Anastasia to make him underboss and keep them at bay?? Albert was more modernised and forward thinking then Scalise; Scalise was a old man or mustache pete they use to say. Did Scalise have a killer-crew that affected the decision to make him to underboss?

@MightyDR

He definitely went unopposed for 3 decades until he screwed the Gallos over. The Profaci family as a whole; Even though smaller then the other families.They were vicious. They had guys Mimi Scialo; Greg Scarpa; Johnny Bath Oddo; The Gallos; Sally Mussachio; The Persico's; Charlie Moose; Sonny Franzese and Tommy Spero. All heavy and dangerous. I could get why Lucchese and Gambino didnt force the decision to have Profaci to step down. They backed off to avoid a war.

Surprised still that Profaci and Bonanno didnt balk at the Mangano killing. But as u said; Who knows? Commission decision? Or they just didnt want trouble. Something unrelated; What is the exact yr Gagliano stepped down? He was close to the Mangano/Profaci/Bonnanno alliance. Surprised Lucchese wasnt.

Last edited by Zavattoni; 01/17/19 02:59 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.