Compared to some of his contemporaries; Not much is heard about Joe Profaci. Just wanted opinions on his reign. Do you think he was a good Boss?

I do not believe he was a good Boss; He was incredibly greedy and charged monthly tributes from his men. This sicilian tradition was long gone by other families. He also had a Genovese-like attitude and caused friction to keep control.

I also have a question; He reigned for over 30 years as Boss; but why did he go back on his word with the Gallos??? Frankie Shots Abbatemarco declined giving Profaci tribute and he was murdered by his crew aka the Gallos. Joe or Larry Gallo were supposed to take over the crew but Profaci lied. Why didn't he just let them take over?? This was the beginning of the end for him. Persico was also annoyed at Profaci.

What do everyone think?

Last edited by Zavattoni; 01/15/19 05:10 PM.

“I called your f—— house five times yesterday, now, if you’re going to disregard my m—– f—— phone calls, I’ll blow you and that f —— house up… This is not a f—— game. My time is valuable. If I ever hear anybody else calls you and you respond within five days, I’ll f—— kill you.” ~ John Gotti.