Originally Posted by Serpiente
Originally Posted by Fleming_Ave
Originally Posted by BarrettM

Bruno, despite his reputation as the business-smart don, was letting Gambino affiliates deal on his territory while cutting out his own made men from doing the same. Not too smart.

I don't think they were in Bruno's family, they were in Gambino's family. They weren't just Gambino affiliates, they were Carlo's blood family. In the event of any sitdown they had the backing of the boss of an NYC family. I would think they could pretty much do what they wanted. As long as they didn't take from Bruno's family, what was he going to do about it?

Bruno was right drugs made guys flip and he was able to get guys off when they got pinched because they / he stuck to the regular mob staples the way the judges and other city officials wanted so he was able to operate much easier.

But he was at odds with his mussel “ Testa and if he had not been at odds for so many years he would of gotten word that North Jersey was making a move .

Same deal with Castellano he was a good boss but I am sure Carlo would of thought that Castellano would of had a crew solid behind him but he was soft and allowed the street to come and get him.

His downfall was just that when 95% of your company is street level guys you need street guys watching street guys , and just like Bruno they thought guys would follow the rules but in that life forget about it .

It was more Carlo Gambino's mistake he should have made Neil boss and Paul U/B...

Paul should have been in charge off all the white collar rackets.