Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Bensonhurst, it can't not be argued that John Gotti positioned himself to control the commission, however by the time Massino got his seat, Gotti was locked up, and the 3rd Colombo war weaken that family to where they were not effective and once again kicked off the commission. This was of course Gottis own doing. He had a strong ally in Orena, but Gotti was some of the Colombo family business and gave tactic support to Orena when it was discovered that Carmine Persico was thinking of doing a movie about his life. That was the perfect opening for John Gotti to do his double cross.
The thing is to not forget that the even though the Gambinos controlled the Colombos, Bonannos, Philadelphia, DeCavalcantes, and LoScalzo in Tampa. The Genovese family controlled Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Cleveland, and Detroit. They were and are still powerful in the unions to this day.

I don’t know that Carmine was going to do what they say about his life ...if anything it was twisted .....and if by chance one or a couple other bosses sent word to not .... then why not now or ten years ago or fifteen years ago .

Many of these stories get twisted bad ....just like the ten paper clips story with Scarfo and Bruno and the supposed banishment to Atlantic City....

Now I remember the Carmine thing being talked about and it in the news but it most likely something completely different then a lifetime tell all made for tv show or book .

These things never get proof they for most part are fish stories or dick stories.

And if Carmine was going to do it it would of been i when the family was at its worst financially ... not back then when they had much more .

Last edited by Serpiente; 01/12/19 01:32 PM.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."