Originally Posted by majicrat
If this has been brought up in the past I apologize, what's the status of the Vario crew now? is it active or extinct? Its one of the more interesting crews I believe.

The crew is still active. Sal C and Johnny B are acting capos of the crew since the big bust of the Lucchese administration.

Revis_Island, are you talking about Gotti and them going through back channels to get unofficial approval to hit Castellano? This is when all the bosses were caught up in the Commission case, and they went to the strongest candidates who will likely take over their own families. They did not approach Gigante of the Genovese, only the Colombos, Lucchese and Gotti said that Joe Massino in the Bonanno family was behind him. Salvatore Gravano and Frank DeCicco went to Casso to get approval, but Anthony said he did not care what they did. Casso was being cagey according to Gravano, and both him and Frank decided to tell Gotti that they got tactic approval from the Lucchese family, which was smart on Casso part which helped him give deniability. The only thing I can think of is you might he confusing John Gotti meeting with Amuso and Casso. Gotti and the Lucchese administration did not meet until the three families came together in Manhattan to discuss making new members, Persico making Orena acting boss of the Colombo family, admitting both the Bonanno and Colombo families back on the commission, which only the Colombo family was given their seat again, and to cool off the Genovese family from making attempts on Gottis life which was the man reason that Commission meeting was called for. Up till that time Gotti never met with the 19th Hole crew, with the exception of an old soldier who I can not think of who went way back with Dellacroce through the Rava crew.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green