I’ve been rewatching some old Soprano’s episodes and I noticed almost every hit they drop the gun. This is in a lot of shows actually. I’m conflicted on this so I came to the search engine.

Obviously where you live gun laws are different. I live in VA, you don’t have to register your firearms here. Now if you want to carry it concealed that’s a different story. But a lot of folks I know prefer the gov. not to know every firearm they have.

So I’m sure in NY/NJ/PA etc it’s a lot different than Virginia. I would be super paranoid to drop the gun. What if you didn’t clean it perfectly. One strand, a couple skin cells fell on it before you put the gloves on etc. You’d be fucked.

If you buy if off the street or even from a close friend. You gotta wonder the backstory etc. when dropping that thing. Same goes for holding onto it & possibly getting caught with it. If it has a past, you would be looking at more than the hit just committed. Basically I feel leaving the gun gives the cops a starting point IMO.

And as mentioned scientific advances are able to restore filed off numbers easier with chemicals & such.

Lastly, revolver vs typical handgun. Again my thoughts are in/out no trace left for them to start the goose-hunt. A revolver leaves no casings behind. But also as mentioned, that rules out silencers. In that case I may even consider a garrote cord or something if that is possible.

Anyway, I guess it comes down to weighing the risk. What are the odds I may get stopped nearby with the murder weapon on me before I can escape. Opposed to, we’ve taken as many precautions as possible, cleaning everything, gloves etc. And just drop it, leave & let them have the gun.

I guess they always just walk away so calmly it’s like they have no expectation of being stopped. But it’s not just movies or even just in our country. Griselda Blanco in Columbia. Middle-age man jumps off back of motorcycle & walks up behind her at the meatstore, pops her a few times. Drops the gun and calmly walks away to the motorcycle as he disappears into the city streets. Maybe I just don’t know enough about guns. Too me it just seems leaving it, is hoping that 100/100 things go right and are cleaned and correct. Opposed to just keeping it out the crimescene completely.

I read all of your posts and I’m still a lil puzled. Just trying to imagine the process from start to finish of obtaining & leaving the gun without worry. Even loading bullets with gloves. Lot’s of stuff. Seems like it’s just weighing the risks- unless there is some fool proof method I’m unaware of.

Thoughts?