Gravano was not scared of Al. Casso and Gravano went way back in the 70s and did some business together. Most notably the Florida job when both were just associates in their families. It was Casso that saved Gravano from being put on the hit list after Castellano was killed. After the failed hit on Casso, that was put through the Bergin crew, Gravano then was ducking Casso cause he knew what Casso was and could do. This is one where I dont think Gravano was involved as he was preoccupied with all the constructions, scams and big money coming in fast and worrying about the Genovese crime family.

Ricciardi summary of events is most reliable then D'Arco. New Jersey was afraid of Amuso and Casso, not Al. D'Arco claims of him and his pals slapping Mangano around did not happened, even two of his former pals and a Genovese soldier has said that the group was being unruly and disrespecting the place unaware that Mangano and a Genovese Capo was off to the side in a corner, and Mangano got up, walked over to Al, slapped him and told D'Arco to apologize to their hosts and to get lost, and he did not care who Al was with. If that person had a problem to come over and see him.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green