Originally Posted by Revis_Island
Agreed. He’s a big key to our rotation really being something special. If Paxton can stay healthy as well as Tanaka, I think we could have one of the better rotations in the league. Still think we need one more solid starter. If they can go out and get Kluber or maybe surprise us with a top of the line starter under the radar in the trade market, that would be huge.

I agree if everyone stays healthy, the Yankees have one of the better rotations in the league; however, the only problem with that is the "if." I wasn't a huge fan of the Paxton trade when they made it, precisely because the guy threw a career high last year and it was only 160 1/3 innings. Plus, Tanaka might be on the shelf for a period of time which he seems to have done a few times the last few seasons (thankfully nothing major). I honestly wish they would have been able to pry Kluber or one of the other pitchers the Indians were rumored to be parting with. Kluber's an absolute stud, remains healthy, is a Cy Young contender year in and year out. He would have been a big boost for us.

In other news, Britton resigns with the Yankees for 3 years and $39 million. Glad to see them do something with the bullpen after passing over Andrew Miller and letting David Robertson depart for Philly.