Originally Posted by Irishman12
Yeah but the pitchers market is kinda thin now. I wouldn't have minded getting Keuchel but he wants a 5 year deal and if Houston is passing on him, that speaks volumes to me. I understand we probably need Machado more because of Didi being out and our outfield is set, but part of me is saying to go after Harper more between the 2 of them. His swing and the fact he's a lefty I think could be more beneficial. Machado's just another right handed hitter to add to a heavily right handed hitting lineup.

As long as they hit, I don’t care what side they’re hitting from lol. But I understand your reasoning. I think both players fit in really well for different reasons. The pitching FA market is thin, but they could always try to make a trade for someone big. Would probably have to be a three way trade to get a really big fish like Kluber. Contrary to what people believe though, the Yankees hitting was really underwhelming as a whole and I believe their lack of production outside of the long ball and with runners in scoring position was their downfall. Starting pitching was bad in the ALDS(outside of Tanaka), but the bullpen was great. The offense did not put any pressure on them with their lackadaisical attitude and at bats. Against pitchers that were very hittable as well. It looked like they did not want it bad enough throughout the whole year.