Originally Posted by pmac
to get back to the topic question. rusty was the boss he didnt need other bosses permission to clean house in his own family. in reality he s only making his family weaker buy taking out 3 strong leaders. thats how massino came out on top. and rat he was. i think massino and sonny black just werent sure of themselves to be able to whack 4 capos even thou sonny reds kid bruno never showed up to the slaughter. its never been done in the history. some real serial killer shit to. i dont think any other boss killed more of his capos then rusty did his own family. theres probaly 10 capos in his own family he orderd dead. crazy

Rastelli had the finale say no matter what, but I agree with you, it was Sonny Black and Fat Joe making sure they had the support of the other families to take on such a huge task that had never been done, with the exception of the Saint Valentine Massacre in Chicago in one setting.

On how many capos were killed during Rusty's reign. Remember, Peter Licata and Paolo Violi were done on Carmine Galante's orders, not Rastelli's.
Rastelli's orders, two of these were done by Joe Massino manipulating Rastelli.
1. Cesare Bonventre
2. Leonardo Coppola
3. Carmine Galante (acting boss but still considered a capo)
4. Phillip Giaccone
5. Alphonse Indelicato
6. Gabriel Infante
7. Dominic Napolitano
8. Dominic Trinchera

So Rastelli ordered eight, but in essence there was a total of ten capos killed during his reign.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green