It is well documented that Giacomo Luppino was a ndrangheta member that immigrated to Canada in 1955 and became to a trusted Ontario lieutenant for Maggadino. Giacaomo Luppino is the grandfather to Domenico Violi jr. recently reported to be the underboss of the Buffalo family.
He is also the father-in-law of Paolo Violi. It is also documented that Paolo Violi's father Domenico Violi sr was also a ndrangheta member.
Giacomo Luppino was a member of the camera di controllo (ndrangheta board) that he established. Giacomo Luppino is proof that you can be a ndrangheta member and also be member of the mafia. The Buffalo mafia and Ontario ndrangheta have always had strong relationships for many decades.

Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by m2w
Originally Posted by Hollander
I don´t deny Violli was a member of the NY borgata, but you also have to look at the bigger picture and the family relations with ´ndrangheta.

i dont think they have so much relations anymore and the fact paolo violi sons are lcn member proof it

But the probe into the Violi sons also discovered they have a reach into Italy and other parts of Europe. To me it´s clear there are still relations.

I agree Holland.