[/quote]The best way to view it is from the fbi's or fbn's perspective who pulled out infos from those same black gangsters regarding the old days.

Now dont get me wrong but what independence during Al's reign? Ever heard of the of the Benvenuti fam, especially Julius? During the 1910s Benvenuti paid for police protection so all black policy operators can handle their business and also conducted the campaigns for many black government officals and he definitely was big deal. You see Benvenuti and the Mob depended on the black vote so in 1916 i think they placed Oscar De Priest as a Second Ward Alderman, who became the first black Alderman. Later Benvenuti became a member of the Capone mob and continued to rule the South Side together with Hunt and Pierce[/quote]

I can somewhat agree on the perspective of the FBI / FBN but the issue is the biasness as well. During that time frame and even coming into the 60s/70s on Black racketeers organizing into a syndicates. This attitude is coming from professional agents/ law enforcement including criminologist. Therefore you'll have to interview them from there side of the tracks.

"
With the new political regime in place, Ed Jones was the biggest big shot in black cook county, with deep pockets filled with cops, bailiffs, court clerks, judges, and politicians; plus an arm of influence that stretched into the White House. One of the focal points of President Roosevelt's administration was the appointment of his panel of black advisors known as the Black Cabinet. One of the members was Frank Horne, brother of Philly Policy King Teddy Horne.

During this time, it became common for Mayor Kelley to tell anyone to " ask Ed Jones first", for approval of municipal and in some cases state appointments that directly affected the Black community. Bankers, businessmen, and politicians from all walks lined up to do business with the Jones Brothers" - From the Policy Kings book.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb