In later years, Franzese discussed techniques for mob murders with Gaetano "Guy" Fatato, a new Colombo associate. What Franzese did not realize was that Fatato was a government informant and was taping the conversation. Franzese told Fatato:

I killed a lot of guys - you're not talking about four, five, six, ten.

Sounds like he was framed alright. Not that these people have a persecution complex and think they should be given immunity to do whatever they want.

I'm trying to think of a mobster who didn't raise their children to be criminals too. I could be here all day if I listed all of them so just in terms of the Colombo family: De Ross's sons and nephews were in the mob, so were Persico's, so were Orena's, so were Franzese's, so were Colombo's, so were Scarpa's, so were Scopo's, so were Langella's..

And being framed and innocent aren't mutually exclusive. OJ Simpson was guilty and everyone knew it but the case was tainted because they went overboard trying to nail him. Franzese being framed, not that I believe it without an impartial source, doesn't presume he was innocent of what he was indicted for.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.