Look at pop culture. And try to think of an Italian American musician or actor. You have Frank Sinatra and The Rat Pack. Now I can't remember but either they liked hanging around with wiseguys or the mafia had their hooks in them. You have Frankie Valli who acted on The Sopranos. You have Marlon Brando, whose most famous role is arguably On The Waterfront. You have Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci and Al Pacino who a lot of people associate with mob roles.

Like these are great musicians and actors but that's not my point. My point is that a lot of the time you can't think of one without thinking of the other (maybe a stretch for Brando and Pacino). Which is absurd. But that's how powerful the mob is and the indelible mark it's left on society and pop culture.

Is it any wonder Dr. Melfi's husband and her family hate the mafia? I must watch that scene again where she gets pissed off at her husband. Her husband seems like my kind of guy.

*The above is why I thought it was a bit rich for Joey Merlino to say Jersey Shore made Italian people look bad as if he is the arbiter of that.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.