Originally Posted by Serpiente
Originally Posted by Hollander
The 5 families can only survive if they get more blood over from Sicily and Southern Italy,

True ... But they also need some security even a (crew) possibly to keep eyes on guys that are suspicious or new or just come out of nowhere.
Jul
Also need possibly the Commission if serious about continuing that life they need a member or two from each family to become that crew of guys that get trained in electronics (bugs) and lie detector screening and do body searches before meetings.

They are all losing money and many are going away for life how do they not get organized and put together a very organized system .

Once the guys (members) get word that this system does exist things will be much different you will be catching guys wearing wires you will catch guys going places with people that they should not be with hence start a full time investigation to that member.

How much money do they have to lose or how many of them have to become rats before they start thinking like the guys that are framing them and putting them away. I say framing because most guys wired up are pushing fed money to intrap the member.

Why am I the only person that sees that if I am making 2 million a year as a skipper and you have five good skippers that they can invest 200G and the boss kicks in and you have a crew like insurance watches the family ass .

Why is this not being done ....

It used to be done in similar as Murder Inc. guys knew not to rat they would jump off bridges and buildings before they rat ..

The reason it's not being done is the same reason you are saying guys could have been C.E.O. s of companies.

Back in the day when the sicilians first came to America, there were almost NO opportunities for Italian Americans, to make it out of the Italian GHETTOS,

The conditions were so bad many said jail was an improvement.

So for most Italian Americans LCN was one of, if not the only way out.

Hence you have what it has been said that alot of these guys could have been so much more.

Those guys were the brains they would cultivate relationships with judges, politicians, police chiefs and the likes.

Many would try to pass or did pass themselves off as business men, I.E. Costello, Joe Todaro, Tocco even Rizzutto got where he got because of his savy.

That you had the shooters who were good for one thing.
They were always easily dispensivle.

Fast foward 50 years and Italians moved up on the food chain.

For young smart Italians there are now many lucrative ways to make money..

LCN isn't that attractive anymore.

The talent pool has dried up.

PLUS technology has evolved so rapidly who could keep up,??than you have the use of RICO and Wit-sec.

I agree the commission would have to be intact for all the families to survive.

They would have to bring in their sons, cousins, nephews etc.
Like Massino did in the late 90's early 2000's, Massino made as many family members as he could
Also marry off daughters etc.

Old world stuff.

Either that or they will have to restructure and maybe merge everyone into one family.

One thing is 4-sure they will survive as they have for the past 100 years

Not many businesses have been around for 100 years.

Think about it how many can you name
And most that are the Gov't saved them from being defunct.