Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
By banging I’m referring to all round gangster activity from beefing to drug dealing. Maybe a UK/US slang divide here.

However I would add that all these (serious and established main) gangs in the US as well - blood sets, Latin gangs etc are all to generate money first and foremost. I think this is a fact (regardless of their history of formation 50 years ago) And the indictments range from young all the way to guys in their 40s. My point is if your 30 plus, more or less broke living at your mums, What’s the point in it all!! Give up and get the tats covered before your dead or in jail for life. If you ain’t clearing big money all the violence drug dealing is a waste with nothing to show for it

SoCalGangs response hits the nail on the head. I'm going to add that the drama that escalates quickly when you involved someone's relative who isn't involved in the street life.
(Ex: There's a very thin line between disrespecting a person and slapping their mother/grandmother where I'm from. You'll be in the hospital or morgue before next week. If not you then 1 of your relatives)

Then if it's clicks involved then it creates a vendetta cycle. You always going to have that one or few people that goes to far in their threats or disrespect. Also, don't assume that majority of gang beefs you hear about from the U.S media is pointless. There's money being involved in some of them. Heck, you actually can keep track of those beefs no different than speaking on all these mob hits.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb