Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Originally Posted by pmac
i dont get why the board jumped to the conclusion the us side of the buffalo mob is weaker. what facts. the guy said he beat out 30 other members for the job. he didnt say where they were. also think he might be exaagerating lil bit what if its 20guys. i mean thats still a real family. im guessing new england rite now is 30 tops 40 made guys . philly maybe 40

Pls can someone post the link to where he says he beat out 20 guys? Would like to read that

The reorganization seemed to begin in 2014.

Violi himself said he was inducted into the Buffalo Family as a “made” member in January 2015, according to the documents, and around the same time, Rocco Luppino, Giacomo Luppino’s son, was allegedly named “captain” of the group’s outpost in Canada; a younger Luppino relative was asked if he wished to also be “made.”

Violi said he beat out 30 other guys to become Underboss, the documents claim. All would have to be “made members” of the Buffalo Family to be considered for the post.

The mobsters, the documents allege, were clear that Todaro held the reigns of power within the re-emergent Buffalo organization; the men said that nobody became a member without going through Todaro first. They said a mobster in the area was either under Todaro or they needed to pack their bags and leave.

In keeping with mob tradition, in an attempt to protect the boss, Violi and the informant sometimes made a hand gesture instead of speaking Todaro’s name: they would put their fingers to their mouth as if puffing a cigar or cigarette, the documents allege.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canad...me-figure-was-underboss-of-buffalo-mafia

"The king is dead, long live the king!"