Originally Posted by pmac
john zanochio couldnt have gotten into canada. hes done fed time has alot of felonys. i doubt hes sneaking into a country at his age. and dom violi said he was choosen as underboss of the buffalo family in 2015 i, guessing he was made way back atleast in the 90tys. i was assuming all the montreal bonannos were murderd. maybe there was 1 2 guys way under the radar of even other montreal gangsters. maybe they wernt important anuff to go kill. now in this last article it says the induction was at a undisclosed location so will never know if it happend in montreal or hamilton.

No, Domenico Violi claims to have become underboss of the Buffalo Family in October 2017. He also claims he was made into the Buffalo Family in January 2015.

Which Bonanno soldier with first name "John" could have been at the induction ceremony in Canada in November 2015? I'm genuinely curious. Below is an excerpt from Adrian Humphreys's November 10, 2017 article.

The induction, involving at least five men, was allegedly presided over by Damiano Zummo, 44, an acting captain in the Bonanno crime family.

"The reason why we're here is from this day forward, you're gonna be an official member of the Bonanno family," Zummo says, according to a transcript of the ceremony.

"It's already - from this guy, this guy, this guy - everybody approved it, so from this day forward, you're a member of the Bonanno family. Congratulations," said Zummo.

"Thank you," the recruit said.

The new member was then formally introduced to other members using the traditional Mafia code of calling a made man a "friend of ours," and then told the internal hierarchy of who he reports to, called a captain or skipper.

"And now I want to introduce you to John. John, friend of ours with the Bonanno. John, (name of agent deleted), friend of ours with the Bonanno. Now, your captain is (name deleted.)" "Okay," said the recruit. "He's our skipper.

(Nickname of Bonanno member deleted), is our acting ... You're gonna be in our regime," Zummo allegedly said. "OK." "You only answer to the Bonanno family."