Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Good luck with the iPad i12

Thanks DP. Actually it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. I was there about 20 minutes early but they still saw me and I finished up maybe not even 20 minutes after my original appointment. They ran a diagnostic test and found the problem wasn't software related (which I figured it wasn't) but rather hardware (i.e. the battery). It's a 6th generation iPod touch but unfortunately, when Apple made the product, they made it to where you can't fix the battery. I'm assuming this was to force users to purchase a new iPod which is sleazy IMO because I believe this cost about $250 3 years ago. However, the guy who was working with me told me they could replace my iPod with a brand new one, since they couldn't work on it, for the price of a new battery (which is only $80!) So I basically get a brand new iPod for $80 as opposed to $250! The only thing is it only has a 90 day warranty and the iPod wasn't made at the same manufacturing plant as mine was. My guess is, they took spare parts from other iPods and made this. But it's never been used so I'll give it a shot but so far I'm VERY happy with the way they took care of me (especially after telling me I couldn't just replace the battery). It'll take 7 business days for the new one to come in, which will be perfect as I'll have it before going home for the holidays.