Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
Dead end job no way of it being a success in the 80s as boss of philly. If he was too lenient he’s dead as history showed with the predecessors. Way too many egos and killers on the street at this time period. And Sal may of gone for the crown, maybe scarfo was right (within the mob life) to make a move. Sal was clearly a future number 1 just a matter of time,,,

So to conclude any way scarfo would’ve moved he would’ve been seen as a failure. Either dead or in jail as a killer boss. General consensus is he was a bad boss which I think is BS. He just chose a doomed crown. And in a way he did restore orders among the animals he was in charge of. Nobody would dare make a move against him

True and he had a couple reasons to take out Salvie before it got out of hand using Chuckie as one of the reasons....but you never know Sal May have followed the rules but in that life you never know.

And yes these guys are not just cut throat they are killers and you never know ..... Nick did have a couple guys he could of left underboss but he wanted blood .... and no doubt he killed Salvie for Phil and his future....I think Phil would of did his time if the entire family did not go down....he knew his kid had nothing because Philly guys would of torturerd him because of Nick knocking down Chuckie and Yogi ....he really had no choice if he wanted his kid to have a chance.

And yes they are all killers .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."