I can only imagine what went through Scarfo’s mind when he became boss. His two predecessors had both been murdered. Then he tries to collect a street tax on Harry’s crew but they tell him off.. so Scarfo has to go to war with the Riccobenes to let everyone know Scarfo was in power and in total control and would go after anyone who didnt fall in line.

People say Nicky was too violent compared to Angelo, but look what happened to Angelo... gunned down in front of his own home. Bruno was obviously not feared enough by his capos and didnt have a strong enough faction behind him that scare off anyone who wanted to make a move.

So I can imagine that all of this turbulence and violence make Nicky paranoid from the get-go and that he could never fully trust anybody else in Philly... which is why he made Phil his underboss... he thought he would be 100% loyal because they were blood.

But obviously there’s a thin line between justifiable paranoia and devolving into being a total homicidal nut like Gaspipe. And things quickly spun out of control.

I’m not defending that scumbag at all, just thinking about why Scarfo was the way he was.

Last edited by Stubbs; 11/15/18 08:38 PM.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb