So awards season has started. On Monday Shohei Ohtani won the AL ROY while Ronald Acuna Jr. won in the NL. I'm not surprised Ohtani won but I don't agree with it. Yes, for the sample size we had where he was a 2 way player, he was surpassing expectations. However, due to the number of games he missed due to injury and Andujar's better overall numbers, I felt he (Andujar) deserved to win it. Had Torres remained healthy, I thought he would have bested Anduar's numbers personally.

Bob Melvin won Coach of the Year for the AL and Brian Snitker won in the NL. I'm a little surprised by both as I thought Alex Cora and Craig Counsell would have won in their leagues. A case could easily be made for all 4 men.

I was very happy to see the voters got the Cy Youngs correct for each league. Blake Snell in the AL and Jacob deGrom in the NL. I'm glad deGrom's win-loss record of 10 (the fewest ever by a Cy Young winner) didn't prevent him from taking home the hardware and he was far and away the best pitcher in every other category. I hope going forward they'll continue to rely less on a pitchers win-loss record.

MVP's will be named later on today. I'm predicting Mookie Betts and Chrisian Yelich to win.