Thank you Turnbull

For clarity!

Michael would never have told Tom about his plan to have Fredo killed, it was strictly between Michael and Neri
He would have been chuffed and triumphant he was the chosen one for the job

Tom had spent enough time around Michael to know that he'd never give Fredo a pass - Not quite?
I believe Fredo was going to be spared until his boathouse outburst

Tom who did not see Fredo's boathouse outburst, I reckon believed Fredo had gotten a pass, as did everyone

Tom may have accepted, it was justified and continued to go along after the killing Nobody outside Michael and Neri, knew

I don't believe “Michael blamed Tom for the decline of the Corleones and Sonny's murder”

Michael's comment to Kay at Connie's wedding "He's a good lawyer. Not a Sicilian but I think he's gonna be consiglieri" was long before Vito getting shot, Sonny's murder

If not for Michael, Vito would have been killed by Sollozzo, with Police Captain McCluskey "definitely on Sollozzo's payroll and for big money as his bodyguard" letting it happen

Tom seemed clueless It was his sheer incompetence "Duh-h-h, Tom!"

Fredo so dangerous and detrimental, no doubt never would have guessed he had it in him not even well-versed Godfather scholars of this board!