I rem
Originally Posted by Irishman12
So supposedly their moving forward with plans on making a sequel to GLADIATOR. I am completely AGAINST this! Just look at what the original script was supposed to be about. I don't even know how someone was paid to actually write this script. It is beyond garbage!

Originally Posted by Irishman12
This isn't the first time that Ridley Scott has touched upon a sequel to GLADIATOR, as you might just remember the bizarre script by Nick Cave (LAWLESS) which found Maximus being brought back to life by Roman Gods several decades after his death. While chatting on the WTF with Marc Maron podcast several years ago, Nick Cave said the the film, which he wanted to call CHRIST KILLER, would have found Maximus in purgatory as he's "sent down by the gods, who are dying in heaven because there’s this one god, there’s this Christ character, down on Earth who is gaining popularity and so the many gods are dying so they send Gladiator back to kill Christ and his followers." However, the scrip would have found Maximus tricked by the gods as the "Christ character" that they've sent him to kill was his own son (you know, the one who died in the first movie). However, we haven't even gotten to the craziest part as the end of the film would have found Maximus living forever, fighting battles throughout history, such as World War II and Vietnam, before ending up as a General in the modern-day Pentagon. When Russell Crowe read the script, he reportedly said, "don't like it, mate."

Ridley Scott moving forward on sequel to Gladiator

I remember a different script that came out during the writers strike. Maximus is dead and is in Elysium, but one of the gods Mars I believe imprisoned Jupiter and has blocked the rest of the souls from entering. Vulcan makes weapons and armor for Maximus, Cave really borrowed a lot from Perseus story in Clash of the Titans. Half way through the story, the gods grant him to return among the living to fight the Imperial Cult members who are loyal to Mars, with Mercury serving as the ferryman. He kills the leaders, return to Elysium, battles and finally is greeted by his family. That is as much as I can remember, but nowhere do I remember reading about Maximus going back in time or him killing Christ or his apostles.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green