Originally Posted by thebigfella
Now, let's look at this fro a different angle . They said when they captured whitey and Catherine, they had 30 weapons stashed and 800,000 cash, my question is this, did whitey still have people that was loyal to him in the streets??? How did he sustain his lifestyle on the run?

Ive always thought about that and i came to this conclusion.Whitey was making millions at his peak and he was also a smart gangster who would probably put money away for a rainy day or retirement or if he ever had to go on the run.Now you have to realize at that point whitey was an old man so he really didnt need much to live off.Just think about your grandparants how much do they spend a year??So whiteys at the time he got caught had 800k he could of lived a very comfortably life for an old man on 52k a year so the 800k could of lasted him atleast another 16 years,which realisticly he probaly wouldnt of lived that long and the older he got the less he would spend and go out.I bet once he was dead Cathrine would of come out of hiding and told the feds that she was scared for her life and thats why she stayed with whitey.