Originally Posted by LuanKuci
Paul J. DeCologero, a member of a notorious North Shore organized crime group...

What group exactly? A mob crew connected to Boston or unaffiliated criminals, like those infamous heist crews from the 80’s?

Big Paul was a Patriarca guy and at one point connected to the Carozza faction. He copped to delivering drugs for whitey and stevie at one point in the 80s, served about 8 years, got out, and said he didnt want to mule for them again. (not sure if he did or not, or any bad blood). His crew, including the nephew Young Paul, would shake down drug dealers, go after gun caches, and sell drugs themselves. A real violent crew. Lots of gunpoint robberies of dealers (mostly weed, but not exclusively). They tried selling some guns to Gigi Portalla. The Uncle ran things out of a gym in Woburn. They were active in Medford, Lowell, Burlington, etc. All of them were caught up in the murder of a 19-year-old girl. She was stashing drugs and guns taken by the crew during a stick up of a drug dealer. Her apartment was raided by the feds. Big Paul sent her on a limo ride to NY to mull her fate, and decided she was a liability. She was dating Stephen DiCenso in the 90s. Paul and Big Paul orchestrated the original plot -- a heroin so strong it would kill her. They told her it was coke so she'd do more. It didn't work. Little Paul went back to the dealer and said he needed something stronger. The actual murderer, a guy named Kevin, beat her, then offed himself in jail -- a hanging, I think. Derek Capozzi was also convicted of dismembering her. He got a lengthy sentence but was already serving time for a car dealership shakedown on the north shore. Prior to the Bulger shit, Paul the kid was going to get out in his early 50s, so it makes sense Geas tried to cover for him. The kid paul's own father ratted on him, which would seem to be why he hated rats so much. The dad was a real piece of shit -- used to beat the kid, his brother John Jr, and the mom. If I'm speaking frankly, the whole crew seemed to be a bit of white trash. I never read about them doing banks or trucks. Just drugs and guns. They wanted a piece of a few bookmakers. Nothing beyond that, as far as I've read. Tommy Regan used to run with them, but was also connected to Salemme. Regan turned on them during the murder trial. They chopped up the girl and threw her in garbage bags that they dumped in Danvers. No idea how connected they were, but feds put the uncle big paul as a rhode island guy at one point. after that, they were organized as a crew of their own, but i'd imagine they were kicking up to RI. Joe Pavone went down in that trial of the girl's murder too. I think he lived in Beverly or Burlington. At trial, they argued it was Portalla's crew who stashed the guns and then killed the girl. DiCenso testified through a computer because he couldnt talk or walk after a heroin OD. Charles McConnell and Robert Nogueira were part of that Portalla crew. The defense was that Portalla was the one stashing guns, and who had the motive to kill the girl, not the DeCologero crew. This is all out there in an indictment and probably spelled out better. Medford area had plenty of crews like this. Just guns, B&E's, pharmacies, and raids on other dealers. BK went to prison for a set-up on a plan to shakedown some DR drug dealers. It was set up by the feds. Risky business.

Last edited by SharpieOne; 11/02/18 08:19 AM.