Originally Posted by Stubbs
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted by Stubbs
Originally Posted by tenpin477
Why kill an 89 year old man in jail? Unless he was gonna rat it doesn't seem like a good move.

Three potential reasons:

Reason 1 - He obviously pissed a lot of people off when he was on the streets. He may have killed someone and the victim may have had a family member locked up who wanted revenge.

Reason 2 - Regardless of whether you think he was an actual snitch, or simply used Connolly for protection and never gave him real info, he was still considered a snitch by many people.

Reason 3 - Some young punk may simply have wanted some street cred for taking out a street legend. Simple as that.

What credibility could one possibly derive from murdering an 89 year old man? It's a bitch move.

Not saying it makes sense. But in demented street logic, that 89 year old man was one of the most famous gangsters in US history. He was the subject of countless books and a movie starring Johnny Depp. Killing him cements the killer's name in the streets... again trying to think like a low-level hood/ or a mob associate trying to make a name for themselves.

Don't get me wrong, Stubbs, I knew where you were coming from. I just don't understand their logic.

I mean I thought it was shitty of Greg Scarpa's son to beat up Vic Amuso that time because of Amuso's age and Amuso had only just turned 60.

These people must think Lennox Lewis v Floyd Mayweather would be a fair fight.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.