Originally Posted by LuanKuci
Got it.

What’s your take on that 2016 chart?

It's been debated pretty extensively on this forum before. Aside from the obvious -- it's old as dirt -- I think it's pretty much perceived as a spaghetti-on-the-wall approach. In other terms, hyper-aggressive in terms of labeling everyone who ever reportedly had some sort of vague Outfit affiliation into some sort of 'membership.'

In the ANP threads where a lot of great information was shared, basically the 'modern' Outfit looked like this: I think there were just three crews, Cicero, Chinatown and Grand Ave. At the time DiFronzo was the head but uninvolved; he's obviously dead now. SC basically calling the shots. Scams/biz were basically street stuff you'd expect. 40-50 made guys, total.

There was an acknowlegement that it was very, very modest relative to years past, and at this point I don't think any of the posters who really knew their stuff who posted there would vehemently oppose the possibility that large chunks of it, even in the modest form above, could have just fallen away. They might not totally agree with it, but I doubt they would think you were crazy for asking.

The F. Calabrese quip referenced above was from Family Secrets. I forget when he said it, probably in the late early 2000s, but he said that if you got rid of seven guys at that point you could take over the whole thing. He made a comment following along the lines of "that's all that's left" or "that's what it's come to" or something.