Interesting & a realistic assumption. Calabrese was heard on tape saying how loose things were, likely meaning no strong command heirarchy compared to the past.

From my limited understanding it doesn’t seem like the Outfit got big into the internet sports gambling with 40-50 agents deep and 8 figure + betting action like the East Coast crews.
The Outfit also seemed to have huge loan shark books which I’m sure they still have but you don’t need a big crew for that. As part of their lending business it seems many had legit industrial/ services biz with connections to the Govt agencies. That also seems to be an active biz but again you don’t need the headcount like back in day gambling, extortion, theft rackets.

It makes sense that 15 years or so ago the Outfit top guys with big $ decided to shrink , close ranks and reduce their security risk ( such as running a huge phone driven sports book and extortion via violence ) and ultimately protect what they have left and have $ to still make moves.

I’m very interested to read how things really are as there has been almost no info.

Also someone referenced non LCN Italians having crews in big cities . Please elaborate as this is the first I’ve heard of this .