Originally Posted by Moscone65
I agree, he doesn't have his facts straight. Lots of errors. I just find it interesting that he says that Elmwood park is still mob run, considering he's more into gangs and stuff. Maybe this is due to rumors and speculation he sees and hears in the neighborhood since he lives there, who knows.

When I say people think Elmwood Park is shuttered it just means the Elmwood Park branch of the Outfit. The branches are just identified by physical geography, which, yes at least at one point coincided with actual physical territory, but certainly does far less now as whatever they’re doing is far less reliant on street crime than, say, 60 years ago.

Elmwood Park was the more old-school, Godfather-type faction where the leadership was based. DiFronzo, D’Amico, etc. The heirs to Giancana, Accardo and Cerone.

I can’t compleyely remember but I think the belief was that at one point DiFronzo just called it a day. Why? Because he made the decision that he was not going to spend his golden years in prison.

Even if it’s true it doesn’t mean that gangster type activity doesn’t take place there. I think Rudy Fratto was part of that crew and he’s always still in trouble, though I think some people think he’s basically a BS-er.