https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/10/19/incendie-criminel-dans-une-pizzeria

Criminal fire in a pizzeria
The damage, which was concentrated inside, would have done for at least $ 200,000 worth of damage.

The arson of a pizzeria in Belœil in the night from Thursday to Friday brings back bad memories to its owner, he who had been the victim of similar events several times in 2014.
"I do not have a problem with anyone," says Hasan Kayali of Pizzeria Chez Dino. It's frustrating and unfortunate that people are trying to make me lose my business like that. "

Hasan Kayali
Owner pizzeria
Police report that two individuals were seen by a witness in front of the shop throwing an incendiary object, probably a Molotov cocktail, before fleeing.

Competition

"We are talking about two white men, aged between 25 and 30 years old. Investigators will try to find pictures of nearby businesses to get a better description, "said Captain Francis Lepage of the Richelieu-Saint-Laurent Intermunicipal Police Board.

In the world of catering for 15 years, Mr. Kayali does not know the real motives of incendiaries, but he believes that "the competition" could have decided to set fire to his pizzeria.

"I'm sure," said the 37-year-old in a confident tone. Currently, it is a quieter period, the numbers are lower than usual. If that's what happened, it's just disloyal. "

Rebuild

In 2014, he recalls having been the victim of four arson attempts, including "one that has succeeded", but does not believe that the Friday is linked.

For its part, the police indicate taking "all possible tracks seriously".

"Nothing is left out. We are at a preliminary stage of the investigation, "says Captain Lepage.

According to the owner of the pizzeria, the fire caused at least $ 200,000 in damages. The damage was concentrated inside.

"When the employees came in this morning, everyone was crying. It's difficult, admits Hasan Kayali. I am assured, which is good news. As soon as the paperwork is signed, we will be able to start renovations and open as soon as possible. "