Originally Posted by Moscone65
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbInwbbDuZw

Here. Hes some young guy and who knows if he actually knows, but its an interesting opinion from someone who appears to know about criminal stuff in chicago, especially in his own neighborhood.

I didn’t listen to the whole thing but I wouldn’t put much stock in what this person says.

* Chicago never made non-Italians; it’s a matter of debate when “making” became a thing here, but the CW is if I remember right is the 60s. It wasn’t really regarded as a good thing, more like giving you a title at work and more responsibility without more money

* I don’t think most people think Accardo was the most powerful boss ever. The argument for that position would be Gus Russo’s book The Outfit. It uses a lot of horrible sources. He might have been but I think people who really know the mob would always tell you at least two of the NYC families were always bigger.

* DiFronzo didn’t live in Elmwood Park; he lived in River Grove. I never, ever, heard anyone express the belief he was a billionaire

* His nose didn’t get cut breaking into a factory, it got cut breaking into a fur coat store on Michigan Avenue

* Multiple reporters didn’t accost DiFronzo outside his breakfast spot. Chuck Goudie did, once.

Those are just a few things I caught listening to the video for a few minutes.