NickleCity, I believe the answer to number 5, is that you will find a lot more unbias journalists who have no problem going into the trenches to try to get the most accurate stories. They are also more approachable than their U.S. counterparts.

On the Volpe hit, keep in mind that it was a time when both Joe Todaro Sr and Joe Pieri Sr were fighting for the top spot in Buffalo. Volpe was aligned with the Pieri faction. There is enough evidence to say that his hit was not sanctioned by the commission in New York from how Fat Tony was going on about the fueds and no one over there is to pick up a gun. It was a year or two later, but it paints a good picture that Vople hit was not sanctioned by New York. You can't disregard Philadelphia as they were the ones making beefs against Volpe in New Jersey, so they most likely had known what would happen to Volpe.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green