@ Furio - thanks for that list but it’s quite outdated. Tony Dote and Rudy Fratto are allegedly made but don’t appear. Vito D. Spillone and Gino Martin passed away a few years ago.

I still don't get the whole “Southern Italian organized crime principles” statement by Johnson. And how does having higher up associates of non-Italian descent fit into that?

@ jonnynonos - my thoughts exactly. I forgot to mention the 28 members argument in my opening post but we all got the picture. What is available online about them doesn't make it look like a cohesive organization at all.

@ Moscone - typical government sensationalism. With the impact of black and Hispanic crime groups all over Chicagoland, bringing up the Outfit as a major point of focus for LE agencies is ridiculous.

Like I was saying in the OP, the mob in Chicago has scattered into small independent crews...at best. Similarly to the “Irish mob” in today’s Boston, today’s “Outfit” should be understood as a general term for a spread out criminal subculture made of smaller cliques of mostly Italian-last named crooks criminally unrelated to one another.