I'm gonna use this thread to post some old mobfacts. Sonny good to be back, thanks for recognizing an old face smile

I would love to do an art project of the US Map that shows just a little bit of the Carribbean and mainland America. Different squares could be used to denote territories for the families. An interactive Cosa Nostra map. The cool thing is, this is very easily done.

TB I agree. The Bonannos and Colombos and Gambinos have always been strongly Brooklyn-based. After the Bonannos were weakened (which you may or may not agree, was due to Joe's non-leadership or lack of leadership) and became aimless, Gaspare DiGregorio was in charge and was a very weak don. His successor, not a lot of people have heard about was Paul Sciacca. Sort of the Underboss to the side of the family that was against Joe. Reading old newspapers, when Joe Colombo came to power, both of them being racketeers from Brooklyn, Colombo horned in on Bonanno rackets, figuring Sciacca was weak. The three families were ebbing back and forth at that time for space in Brooklyn.

It goes to show how rife with drama it was back then.