That was a big thing a decade ago but by most accounts it's not that bad anymore. The "ethnic cleansing" was mostly a media hoax. It turned out to be a few neighborhoods with a lot of Eme representation, like Avenues (Northeast LA) and Florencia (South Central). I seriously doubt any current truces among Surenos have anything to do with rivalries against black gangs. In retrospect, they pretty much got what they wanted, anyway. Black gangs, even in historical black neighborhoods like South Central, Compton, Inglewood et al have taken a back seat to Latino gangs as Latinos are now the clear majority in these areas. I really think it's a natural progression into life in LA this century. LA isn't Chicago. LA's is being heavily gentrified. Everything is changing. Then you probably have a cartel presence, but I haven't even begun looking into their impact on LA's traditional Latino gang turfs and politics, or even if there is any in this regard. SoCalGangs has left some comments about this, maybe he can expand on it.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea