Matt Doherty. Irish footballer with a Dutch mother. Can play LB, RB and is comfortable in a back four or as a wing back. Plays for Wolves in the Premier League and pundits have been raving about his performances this season. Still eligible for Netherlands because Martin O'Neill keeps selecting inferior players ahead of him and seems to have a personal grudge against him.

When asked about his eligibility for the Netherlands Doherty said something like [paraphrasing] "If I can't get into the Ireland team then I have no chance of getting into the Netherlands team."

I don't think Doherty getting into the Dutch team is all that far fetched though. Netherlands depth is nowhere as strong as it used to be, and as I said, Doherty is playing in the best league in the world under a fantastic manager, and can cover several different positions.

He's a markedly better player than Nathan Ake or Patrick Van Aanholt for example.

If I were you or Billy I would get on to the KNVB and alert them to his eligibility. I know people who've contacted the Irish federation to alert them of players eligible for us.

Yes I would love to see him play for Ireland but part of me would find it hilarious if an Irish born and raised player was lost to another country out of the management team's incompetence.

It would be the cherry on top of the Declan Rice sundae.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.