Originally Posted by OakAsFan

You still didn't answer the question.

Is there any minority prisoners in the states, or even abroad in majority white countries, that are treated as well white mobsters? Some brought up the argument that black prisoners with money are treated as good as the mobsters, and I've seen no evidence of it, nor one example provided yet.

I actually DID admit that I do echo the sentiment - and I'm merely making assumptions here, I'm European and I've got no first hand experience with the American prison life - that mobsters have it better than any other criminal in prison, INCLUDING black prisoners. Or did you just willfully skip that part?

If AB members and bikers are treated as bad as black inmates, it only goes to prove how low whites have to sink to be treated as bad as blacks. White criminals who look the part of being able to blend with authorities and politicians are treated with privilege. I know of no black prisoner who has ever enjoyed anything close to such privilege. Compassionate releases or pardons? Sure. But not systematically privileged treatment, like mobsters get.

"who look the part of being able to blend with authorities and politicians are treated with privilege"

So, stature. Not race. Because white criminals who don't look said part aren't treated with privilege.
You got any clear evidence where a upper tier white trash prison gang member enjoyed more privileges than an upper tier black prison gang member? Like hard evidence? Sources? Articles? Please show me, as well as the rest of the board. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'm not afraid to admit the error of my ways.
I don't claim to be "in the know"; you act like you are. Back it up. Otherwise I'm left here thinking that you're just an extremely well spoken individual who is very good at making it seem like he knows what he's talking about while actually knowing jack shit about shit. I'm dying to be proven wrong about you here, Oak.

I introduced race into the discussion because I think there's more than enough documentation and history to show that racism plays a large role in our criminal justice system and how inmates are treated.

Well according to you racism plays a role in every American topic. And at base, you're probably right.
BUT you must've known - seeing the not so distant history of the board - that bringing up a topic like this, while it was not directly called for, would get you some semi-heated replies. Which in turn would create another opportunity for you to relive your high school debate class days. You're a smart guy, Oak. I'm refusing to believe that you don't know what's about to go down when you bring up a topic like this. Which would also trigger a politically-flavored discussion. If I remember correctly, the mods politely asked us not to trigger these kind of discussions. Most of us have no problems complying to this, but it seems to be a tougher task for you.

Your accusations of trolling must be out of frustration that you're attempting to answer the questions I've proposed without having the answers, so you're resorting to personal attacks to save face. You do have the option of simply not replying if you don't have an answer, which is something you seem to take into account at the end of your comment.

If I accused you of "trolling", I shouldn't have done so. My bad. Though I can't help to have the feeling that you low-key enjoy being disruptive. Again, this is a feeling I have, which is subjective and doesn't mean I'm objectively correct about this. Others are free to correct me if I'm wrong.
On the other hand, I don't feel like I "owe" you an answer since I'm not sure if your questions were actually directed at me (you didn't quote me as far as I can tell).
Again, I'm not in the know. I'm not American and I've got zero personal experience with the American prison system. I can only assume things about a topic like this. I'm here to learn and when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

If I'm wrong about you, Oak, I apologize. If I accused you of trolling, when you didn't mean to "bait" anyone, it was uncalled for.

If I'm right about my current feeling...well, I guess there isn't much I - nor anybody else - can do about this because as far as I can tell you're not breaking any major rules. That doesn't mean that, in this regard, you're the most pleasant person to deal with though.

Last edited by TheKillingJoke; 10/03/18 04:22 PM.