Originally Posted by Sonny_Black
Originally Posted by Ciment
The theory that Buffalo would give the go ahead, permission or contract to the Musitano's to have Papalia hit, does not make sense in my opinion.

If does if you understand how the Mafia works. Perhaps Papalia had fallen out of favor with Buffalo and had become disposable. I think the Rizzutos could've gotten into trouble with the admin in New York (Sciascia still being alive) if Buffalo wouldn't have sanctioned the hit and people having to answer for it. This is exactly what happened with Panepinto. Since nobody did answer for it (unless Angelo's murder was related) it makes a lot of sense.

I believe more Peter Edwards and Antonio Nicasso's theory that Rizzuto wanted to expand into Ontario and Papalia,Violi and Luppino's were in his way.

Then why didn't they just kill them all? Why leave the vengeful kids of Paolo Violi alive? Because Mafia politics protected their safety. Too many people opposed to it (Toronto and New York) so they couldn't do it.

Let's entertain that Buffalo gave permission then the Luppino/Violi's would have to have been consulted and be part of the decision because of their long history with the Buffalo crime family.

The Luppinos didn't need to be consulted at all if Buffalo gave permission as Papalia was a member of their family. If they gave permission, that'll be it.

What about the fact that Papilia and Boriello borrowed $7,200,000 from Nicolo Rizzuto, and he wanted to get paid back, neither one made any effort to pay him the money back.

$7,200,000 that is a BIG slap in the face.