Originally Posted by NickleCity
Originally Posted by Ciment

The theory that Buffalo would give the go ahead, permission or contract to the Musitano's to have Papalia hit, does not make sense in my opinion. The Rizzuto's being behind it is more believable. They were allies with the Musitano's.

I believe more Peter Edwards and Antonio Nicasso's theory that Rizzuto wanted to expand into Ontario and Papalia,Violi and Luppino's were in his way.

Let's entertain that Buffalo gave permission then the Luppino/Violi's would have to have been consulted and be part of the decision because of their long history with the Buffalo crime family. What benefit would the Luppino's get from this. All that would do is give more power to their enemies. Rizzuto and Musitano's were allies and the Rizzuto's are no friends of the Luppino/Violi's.

Can both be true? Would it be too much of a stretch that Buffalo was fed up with Pops and signed off on the hit because he had Angelo run over and Pasquale beat up? Did the Rizzuto's use this bad blood to expand into Ontario? Did Buffalo get a piece for allowing this to happened? Weren't the Musitanos know to be allies of Buffalo too?

This raises a lot of questions. One thing is for sure Edwards is knowledgable and reputable, and we shouldn't dismiss what he wrote in Business or Blood.

While you were writing your message I was revising my message and entertained the fact they can both be the case. Refer to my previous message.

Last edited by Ciment; 09/28/18 01:51 PM.