Originally Posted by BensonHURST
I originally thought Papilia and Borillo were Bonanno
But They were not they were Buffalo

So really what happened was

1) Rizzuto participated in the 3 vapors murder.
2) He solidified his position with at the time was the new boss of the Bonanno family Massimo.
3) Rizzuto/Bonanno took over Montreal.
4) Rizzuto/Bonanno took out Papali and Boriello who were Buffalo, with the permission of Buffalo am in.
5) The fact that Buffalo did not retaliate wasn$t a sign of weakness.
6) So whomever Buffalo, dictated to take over their roles at the time they OK'd the hit, should he Morgan likely still in charge.

So the story line that they went defunct and they got hit and could not avenge the murders because they were too weak, was FALSE.

So the Mustiano's did the hit with the backing of the Rizzutto's/Bonnano's with the permission of Buffalo.

Do I have this correct?

I am pretty sure 1-3 are correct.... They can be confirmed with CBC News Article "The Rizzuto Family" by Corrine Smitth she writes:

1981: Police believe Vito Rizzuto is formally inducted into the powerful New York Bonanno family organization after allegedly helping to murder three of the family's captains who were suspected of plotting a takeover. Authorities start referring to the younger Rizzuto as "Godfather" of the Montreal Mafia, and he becomes Canada's most influential member of the Bonnano clan.

We don't really know if 4 is correct
Given Manning is right--we can assume number 5
And who knows about number 6--things can change quickly.

Here is the link to the CBC NEWS article: CBC NEWS: "Rizzuto Family" by Corrine Smith (Nov. 2010)